Monday, August 24, 2009

nostalgia...

I haven't entered a weekly contest at iheartfaces for a while because i've been soooo busy this summer! But this week's challenge is about nostalgia... here is my entry...





This amazing tree was hidden for years by a scuzzy house with overgrown weeds and bushes. It sits just outside of my hometown. Recently, the house was removed, and all the clutter cleared away. There is now a roundabout at the intersection by where the house used to be... They left the tree. I remember always wondering what the tree looked like, and now I know.








7 comments:

  1. Such a simple, beautiful interpretation of the theme!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool - your edit and subject is very calming - I like photos that evoke an emotion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cool tree! I love the vintage feel this photo has. Bet that tree will be used for many a photo shoot. :) Glad to see that it's no longer hidden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a COOL picture! :-) I love it and congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a very beautiful picture. I love it. I love pretty trees. And I always love your pretty pictures. Pretty and gripping. Congratulations on being a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice capture! Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete