Friday, February 11, 2011

My Favorite Images from 2010!!! Skagit County Portrait Photographer, Skagit County Dog Photographer, Dirtie Bird Photography

The past several months have been extremely busy!  I have been playing catch up on all my editing from the end of 2010.  My laptop died in mid November, so I had to postpone my post processing of my December shoots until after the new year when I got my new awesome computer!  Thank you New Egg and Matt Herrin of Hills Of Elysium for the most amazing set up for the most amazing price!  Also, thank you to my wonderful boyfriend, James, for the kick ass monitor, keyboard, and mouse... not to mention the greatest support and love this crazy girl could ever dream of.  You are my rock.  and my roll.  the whole package. :)

So, I was without a computer to view/edit/share my images for over a month.  It was a heartbreaking, frustrating, terrifying, yet incredibly eye opening experience.  The time spent away from my images was magical in that it allowed me to concentrate on other aspects of my life and business.  I started thinking more about what I really want to do with my photography, and why I want to do it.  I'm going back to school in Missoula for a week in August to take a lighting workshop instructed by one of my favorite photographers, Zack Arias.   I just might pee my pants at some point during the week... I'm pretty excited. :)

Since setting up my new editing station, I have been sorting through all my images from 2010, seeing them differently than when I originally shot or edited them.  I decided to share some of my favorites from 2010.  In no particular order....

Studio self portraits for my July 2010 show, The Trees.

Self portraits for my July 2010 show, The Trees.

Spoonshine Benefit Show November 2010




Spoonshine promo shoot October 2010


Studio shoot with Tony of The Lonely Forest for his beautiful fiancee, Kelly, June 2010.

Studio shoot with Hills Of Elysium April 2010.

Studio shoot with my beautiful friend, Anna.  For Myron.

Location shoot for a local 4h dog club June 2010.


Studio shoot from Fido's Fantastic Festival September 2010.

Studio shoot of Buster Moffitt September 2010.


Location shoot with my gorgeous friend, Amber.  Hottie!
 
Studio shoot with Rocket August 2010.



Movement study in studio June 2010


Kitten at the Do It Like Dolly studio shoot June 2010.

My beautiful Kerouac, taking a swim without any fences July 2010.



My beautiful friend, Kristin's, bridal shower, and surprise shoot in the studio August 2010.

Invasion of the Pod People.

Location shoot with Hailey June 2010.

Location and studio shoot with my friend Jennifer.  Seriously gorgeous lady. June 2010.
Linnea + Jon.  August 28, 2010.

Stage Hypnotist, Ron Stubbs. December 2010.



Santa photos with S.P.O.T. November 2010.

Skagit County Fair August 2010.

Spoonshine at the Skagit County Fair August 2010.

Location and studio shoot with Mike Lengel February 2010.

Location shoot with Import/Export April 2010.


It was tough to choose from so many photos, but I'm pretty sure this sums up my favorites from 2010... If I have missed any, I'm sure I will post them at a later date.  I have literally spent all day working on this blog.  I started early, and now it is almost midnight... totally worth it.

See you soon with updates from 2011!  :)

-Marika

3 comments:

  1. It would be impossible for me to choose a favorite from your favorites here! What a great retrospect from 2010, Marika...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all so beautifully done, but I think my top three favourite shots are the kitten, the trees and the amber shot !
    Hansen

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are some images I didn't include because they are from some boudoir shoots... the ladies are gorgeous, but the images are for their eyes only. :)

    ReplyDelete